It is with great excitement that we present to you the 2nd Annual New York Hot Dog Challenge!
March, 2nd at high noon, location to be revealed the night before the race. (somewhere in Midtown Manhattan)
Last year we had 10 racers going for the $225 grand prize. Dave Tao ended up taking the win in style!
Race recap: http://beyonddefeat.com/?p=990
This year we will have 2 prizes, one for 1st male and also one for 1st female! Expect 3-5 miles and 9-11 hot dogs.
Competitors. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your entry, there is only a $10 fee which goes into the prize purse.
Referees. You will be running the course making sure competitors don’t cheat.
Prize Money. $1 or $10, it all helps! Go to Paypal.com and ‘Send Money’ to email@example.com. I will be updating the Prize Pot as donations are received.
CHALLENGERS AS OF 2/28:
Dave Tao (defending Champion)
PRIZE POT TOTAL TO DATE: $270.00
The race director will release a very specific map the night before the race. It will be in Manhattan starting in the midtown area. Contestants will follow the navigate the map exactly as it is plotted, otherwise disqualified. Along the course, every time a contestant comes across a hotdog stand, they must eat one hotdog before moving forward.
PRIZE: Cash (we will be collecting money from donations and sponsors)
TO DONATE: Go to Paypal.com and ‘Send Money’ to baker at friendsofbaker.com. I will be updating the Prize Pot as donations are received.
- No teams, only individual competitors
- Race Director Baker will announce the course the day before as to ensure no practice runs are made and hand out a map the day of the race.
- The course will be in Midtown Manhattan and no more than 5 miles
- Race will start at noon
- Competitors must stick to the course exactly, and upon passing a ‘Hot Dog Cart’ must eat a hot dog before continuing
- Competitors may not proceed forward until the hotdog is completely eaten
- ‘Hot Dog Cart’ is defined by a free standing cart selling only hot dogs and pretzels.
- Halal Trucks, or any other food truck that might sell a hot dog does not count. Indoor restaurants do not count
- Any (or no) toppings are legal
- The bun must also be eaten
- Any (or no) beverages may be consumed. Beverages may be brought from home or purchased along the course
- Puking disqualifies competitor
- Winner is defined as any competitor who has completed the course quickest, therefore walking, running, skipping are all accepted on course.
- Vehicles (bikes, roller blades, scooters, automobiles) are illegal
- Winners (1st place male, 1st place female) will split the cash prize generated from donations
- Competitors are allowed ‘Hot Dog Sponsors’ that can help pay for competitor’s hot dogs for a share of the winnings (assuming their competitor wins)
- ‘Hot Dog Sponsors’ are responsible for their own deals and may sponsor multiple competitors but must make it public knowledge who they are sponsoring
- New York Hot Dog Challenge website will feature logos/links to any sponsors donating cash or other prizes for the winners
- Each competitor will be assigned a referee whom will follow them and make sure they adhere to the rules